From Ari Halberstadt
Subject crashes on restart with "Tell bgahl@kd6kmx to fix this someday."
Date
List pgsql-general
I've been having some intermittent problems with PostgreSQL, both versions
6.4.2 and 6.5b1. I use a bash shell script run as a cron job to restart the
postmaster if it dies. Sometimes the cron job reports the following error
message:

*ap++ == 0x55
Tell bgahl@kd6kmx to fix this someday.
Stopping myself...

I have no idea who bgahl@kd6kmx is (it is not even a complete domain
name). Moreover, I have no idea where this message is coming from; I
did a grep on all of the source code for postgres and didn't turn up
this message, so maybe the message is coming from one of the
libraries or from the shell.

The disk on which my database lives is NFS mounted from another machine.
This is not something I have direct control over since this is how my web
host has configured the home directories.

System: SunOS 5.6, SPARC.

-- Ari Halberstadt mailto:ari@shore.net <http://www.magiccookie.com/>
PGP public key available at <http://www.magiccookie.com/pgpkey.txt>